Tuesday, September 1, 2015

BigBasket VS Peppertap

I started this blog so that i have a place to vent my anger about these startups that stop caring after they get funded and popular. There was no way out there other than commenting on their playstore app. Would be happy if this effects them a tiny bit and they atleast try to improve their service and think about promises they make when they were new and startups.






















So, i had been ordering my groceries for a while from Big Basket since i moved to Bangalore 5 months ago. In fact, it was the only online groceries player in bangalore till around a month ago. Since the last couple of deliveries, my maid usually complained about the partly rotten veggies and worm in cabbage(once). I just ignored her even though i could myself see the waxy apples and squishy oranges. I didn't have any time to go out and buy groceries and didn't have any other option. So, another day(on rakhi), i ordered grocery, mostly fruits n veggies from BB and it turned out to be the same rotten inedible cabbage and dark black apples. I felt kind of helpless and promised to myself to screw BB and find an alternative.



By this time Peppertap had entered Bangalore. So, i decided to give it a shot. Now, i live in a really shitty part of bangalore named Austin town, where there is not even a single internet wifi provider. i rely on my 3g data for everything. So, i wasn't pretty sure, if peppertap would even deliver here and i was pretty sure on getting a stupid call from customer support that 'sorry sir but we don't deliver in your area'. But to my surprise, i never got that call and instead got my groceries delivered in just 2 DAMN hours. Awesome right. The delivery guys also brought with them a rakhi making pack(lol). The delivery guy insisted to take a picture of me with him. I was in my boxer shorts but i didn't give a shit and just wanted to get over with this silly grocery shopping day. I was quite delighted to see the cabbage i ordered from peppertap. Shitts my maid already cooked it, i could have put the pics of both cabbages here. But i still do have the one from bigbasket that i thought i would keep for returning :P 




Anyways, after this, i am pretty sure about the app i am gonna use for my future grocery shopping. I even put a review on BB's play store app. Not surprising, but i did not get any reply for apology or returning. Screw you BigBasket, getting Shahrukh Khan to endorse you won't help if you keep delivering rotten shit to your loyal customers.


PepperTap definitely Wins...atleast for now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment